APS Offers Free Workshop
Urias Communications worked to promote a successful APS conference to inform communities about the $64 million in government stimulus being awarded to cities counties in Arizona. Energy Efficiency Community Block Grant (EECBG) funds are now available to local governments through the ARRA. The funds will provide a wealth of opportunities for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects that can cut energy costs, reduce emissions and help spark economic activity in cities and towns across Arizona.
The free workshop targeted city, town and county managers, facility managers and grant writers and offered practical tools and information for planning and implementing energy efficiency and renewable energy projects in their communities. The workshop included presentations on:
· The energy efficiency ‘stimulus’ funds;
· Leveraging federal funds with existing APS program funding;
· Preparing EECBG grant applications;
· Project costs/results, calculating emissions avoided and jobs created; and
· Identifying and prioritizing energy projects